October 06, 2014

Alexandra Cool, Moments of Being

Alexandra Cool's exhibition opens tomorrow in Etterbeek.
Excerpt from a review by Bernard Dewulf:
"When I first saw the “Alzheimer heads” by Alexandra Cool, those residents immediately came back into my head. I could again hear some of them chattering, while others appeared quiet and uncommunicative. Also, Louise’s beady eyes came back vividly to me.Thus, more or less, I imagine it will be for me one day. Meanwhile, I look at the heads Alexandra Cool has ‘made’.How quiet they are. But perhaps how feverishly they are working inside.
Who can tell?
Perhaps this question inspired Alexandra Cool when she embarked on these heads, faced with the ineffable, or speechless faced with speechless...."
http://www.alexandracool.com/reviews-the-time-being-who-can-tell-by-bernard-dewulf/

4 comments:

  1. Lijkt me een heel mooie tentoonstelling te zijn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. je foto is uitnodigend Anni

    prettige dag

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Anni
    Die tentoonstelling is zeker de moeite waard.
    Groeten Bets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dit noem ik nu originele kunst, hou er wel van.

    Groetjes,
    Filip

    ReplyDelete